No matter where you go or what you’re doing there is bound to be stress at some point in your week.
Phew!, we got the bad part out of the way!
Now for the good part! 🙂 —
There are many ways to ease your way through stressful times in your life. Here are a couple of tips to help you get on your way to a stress-free week!
- Doing things that are pleasurable to you. Whether you enjoy painting, drawing, hiking, knitting, walking your dog..etc.. Taking time to do something you enjoy.
2. Exercise. Exercising can boost your confidence and energy. It stimulates various brain chemicals and leaves you feeling relaxed and happier in the long run.
3. Deep breathing/meditation. Meditation may seem silly at first but it works wonders. Being still for a couple minutes can be a huge benefit.
4. Slow down. Give yourself time to get from one place to another. Feeling rushed always gives me stress. Give yourself more time to get your tasks done. Get one thing done at a time. Tomorrow’s another day. Not everything needs finished in one day. I know sometimes I need to take my own advice on that one!!
5. Talking about your stress. Talking with another person about what is causing you stress can be a huge help. Find the root to your stress. Having someone to vent to or direct you in the right way is always a good help.
6. Healthy diet. I know when I eat healthy I feel a million times better. Of course I’m not saying to not have that chocolate piece of cake, but be mindful.
7. Stay away from triggers. This has to do with #5. Once you find out what is causing you stress try to stay away from those certain things. Obviously if it’s work you can’t stay away from that. But if there is a person there, then try your best to avoid that person.
8. A goodnight’s sleep. This is pretty self explanatory. A full night’s sleep always seems to cure any stress for me.
9. Take time for you! Take time to be alone with yourself, and to enjoy what you love to do most.
“YOU CAN DO ANYTHING BUT NOT EVERYTHING.”-unknown